I know that most men feel that the relationship and marriage advice on the internet is geared toward the woman. Although the topics don’t specify, men may just feel that if it doesn’t specifically say for men, then it must be advice just for women. Well I have some advice just for men, and it says it in the topic, so men, read on.
Women, I feel don’t ask for much in a relationship.
- Don’t cheat
- Tell me you love me
- Give me some attention
- Be wise with money
See, that’s not bad. But let me guess, it’s too much to ask.
Some men have betrayed themselves to be this tough makeup of hardness that can show no weakness or sincerity. Guys I’m here to tell you it’s not cool. Most women don’t like that. We want you to show affection toward us, we want you to want to cuddle, or write us poetry. Ok, Maybe I’m just talking about myself, but I’m sure other women want that too. I love that a man is confident enough to be well-rounded and show it. That brings me to what this article is about
10 Things You Can Do To Maintain a Healthy Relationship
- Tell your woman you love her, if you really love her. Women want to know that you have the capacity to love someone else other than yourself. It does not have to be everyday or every hour on the hour, just reassure her that you love her when the moment calls for it.
- Women love confidence but not being conceited. You can be confident and sure of yourself, but be modest about it, no need in calling everyone else around you a jerk, or making your woman feel like she could never do what you do. Confidence is sexy. Being conceited makes you look insecure.
- Take charge sometimes. Women love for a man to plan. A night out, a vacation, dinner in, anything that makes a woman feel special and like she is apart of your plans. Taking charge also shows her that you can make decisions and show her a good time.
- Be affectionate. Women enjoy their mans touch. Show her some love. Giver her a kiss before you leave for work, give her a meaningful hug when coming home, touch her face, hold her hand, just be loving and gentle. Really surprise her and pull her close in public. I know that sometimes my husband and I will be in the store and he will just grab my hand. It shocks me every time he does it, but I love it.
- Talk, communicate. I don’t care what you talk about, but if you are talking to her and asking her advice or sharing something that is meaningful to you, it grows the relationship. A woman likes to feel like her man can talk to her about anything, we especially like it when you ask our advice even if you don’t need it.
- Be flirtatious and give compliments. When your woman is feeling down or having some self-esteem issues, be flirtatious. Flirting with your wife makes her feel beautiful and sexy even when she is looking her worse. Get in some little love touches in all the right places and she is smiling or trying to hold back knowing she’s enjoying the attention. Say something nice, before she ask the dreaded question “how do I look?” or “Does this make me look fat?”
- Notice when she makes changes to herself or to you all surroundings. Although women will say they do things like cut their hair or buy new clothing for themselves, they want you to notice. It shows that you look at your woman and that when she does things for a self-esteem boost, it is noticeable. They like when their man tells them they look sexy with their hair like that or that dress really shows off their figure. Also when your woman spends all day cleaning the house or rearranging furniture, pay attention. Come in and say something like “wow, it looks great in here.” or “it smells wonderful.” I’m telling you, it’s the little things.
- Invite her to work related events or extracurricular activities that gives her the opportunity to meet the people you work with or the friends you hang out with. You are letting them into apart of your life, they otherwise would not see or know about.
- Once in awhile do something out of your comfort zone that makes her happy. If she likes skating and you have never been, why not surprise her and invite her out for a night of skating. This by no means has to be all the time. This is a once in a while thing, because we don’t want our men feeling they have to change for us.
- Make time for intimacy. You would think this is the easiest thing to accomplish, but truth is, once a couple is married intimacy can sometimes take a back seat. In these modern times most marriages are blending families and children are already a big part of a marriage. Find time to make love, find time to kiss long and passionately, and make sure every time is not a quickie but there is time for foreplay and drawn out acts of sexual desires. You will cherish those moments, because with kids you may not even know what it feels like to make love sounds.
I’m sure this list could be longer, but this is what I have known to help a marriage sustain. If you agree with these tips or you have some of your own you would like to share, please do in the comments section.