I have this idea of being able to say clever things at just the right time. Being able to express my love with just a simple line seems romantic, but I know if you ask my significant other he would say it’s a waste of time or if nothing more confusing.
If you are a true romantic stare into the eyes of your loved one and whisper some of these quotes or better yet leave little notes around the house or in their lunch bag. I know it may seem a bit much but it’s the month of Valentine’s Day we all could be a little more romantic and in love.
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” ~ T. Tolis
- “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” ~ Woody Allen
- “To return to love, to get the love we always wanted but never had, to have the love we want but are not prepared to give, we seek romantic relationships. We believe these relationships, more than any other, will rescue and redeem us. True love does have the power to redeem but only if we are ready for redemption. Love saves us only if we want to be saved.” ~ Bell Hooks
- “Kindness eases change, Love quiets fear.” ~ Octavia Butler
- “We love because it’s the only true adventure.” ~ Langston Hughes
- “I wish to live a life that causes my soul to dance inside my body” ~ Debe Olanubi
- “The most beautiful thing about young love is the truth in our hearts that it will last forever.” ~ Atticus
- “Where there is love there is life” ~ Ghandi
- “Love makes your soul crawl out from other places” – Zora Neale Hurston
- “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” ~ Jane Austen
- “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” ~ Mignon McLaughlin
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” ~ Oscar Wilde
“I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion.” ~ Rochester (Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre)
Maybe you have a quote of your own you would like to share.